Friday, October 2, 2009

Today is Homecoming Friday. This day is fun and exciting, but little classwork will get done. That is reality and a few voices - however determined and strong - will not change this.
This morning I heard what I can a real telling comment in a conversation between a student and a teacher. "I won't be in 1st or 2nd block today because we (students in a particular grade) need to get our float done. We haven't even started yet." Okay????
Some of the teachers (non-alumni) stayed after last night and did what I think is a great job building a float and we are now done and waiting. Other teachers are dismissing students or having their classes finish up for them. I really get the feeling that this production is getting to mean more for the adults than the students.
I hope I am wrong!
Go Prowlers!

No comments:

Post a Comment