Monday, November 23, 2009

Patton's quotes

Here is a sample of General George Patton Jr.'s quotes that I like. It makes you wonder how he would react to the political climate today?

“If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn’t thinking.”


“You can not be disciplined in great things and indiscipline in small things. Brave undisciplined men have no chance against the discipline and valour of other men.”


“Few men are killed by the bayonet, many are scared by it.”


“Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.”


“Courage is holding on a minute longer.”


“May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t.”


“I am a soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.”


“One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is the loyalty to their subordinates.”


“A pint of blood will save a gallon of blood.”


“A leader is a man who can adapt principles to circumstances.”


“Perpetual peace is a futile dream.”


“If you are going to win any battle, you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. the body is never tired if the mind is not tired.”


“If I win, I can’t be stopped. If I lose I shall be dead.”


This one is the best of all:

"No bastard ever one a war for dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.”

No comments:

Post a Comment