Friday, November 6, 2009

Hunting - Deer and other

Tomorrow is the beginning of the MN firearm deer season. Some call it the Orange Army. I don't really enjoy rifle hunting as much as bowhunting, but I still love this time of year. I get to see friends that I only see during this time. It is as much a culture thing as any other trait here in northern Minnesota. My wife allows me pretty much free reign because she grew up in this culture and understands that I refrain from other guy activities throughout the year. I have the best wife in the world! We are indeed entering the greatest two weeks of the year!!!

BTW - Yesterday I heard about an argument between two people that I know well. All I have to say is I think it is AWESOME when a person can stand up to others and call it like it is. Too many times, rude people take the attitude of "there's my way and there's the wrong way". Many, including myself, often feel that there is no point to get into what evolves into a petty argument with these people and, therefor, enable this arrogant air. I have to be careful not to get myself in a blog fightfest, but big time kudos to that person who laid it all out so to silence the army of arrogance. That was sooooo cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment